SA Police spokesperson Vish Naidoo has confirmed that Interpol has taken note of a fake Covid-19 vaccine bust in South Africa. Three suspects were arrested last month following the seizure of counterfeit Covid-19 vaccines in Germiston, Ekurhuleni. The Citizen reports that a search at an industrial park also uncovered a large quantity of fake N95 masks. The international policing agency suspects that hundreds of ampules of unregistered vaccines were imported from China. Other countries have also been hit by fraud.
- Coffee prices soar as Brazil is hit by bad weather
- Sending in the army doesn’t solve the underlying issues in South Africa says academic
- Namibia still assisting drought-stricken Angolans
- Military not a magic bullet: South Africa needs to do more for long term peace
- BioNTech sets its sights on Malaria