Presidential Press Secretary, Dr. Alfredo Hengari says as a country with a coastline that stretches over 1 572 kilometers, and which depends heavily on the blue economy and marine resources, Namibia has an obligation to protect the ocean and ensure sustainability. Hengari said Namibia has made significant progress in efforts to raise the awareness of the importance of sustainable development of the blue economy and is in the final stage of developing a Sustainable Blue Economy Policy to effectively protect, maintain, and restore the diversity, productivity, resilience, and intrinsic value of Namibia’s marine and aquatic ecosystems.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho