region in central Italy says it will offer couples €2,000, or around R34,000 cash reward to spend on their weddings if they get married in the area, including tourists. A statement on the Lazio region’s official website outlining its new wedding fund, says that it began to accept applications on Monday and will continue to welcome them until January 31, 2023, or until the €10 million fund runs out. The fund can be used to redeem a long list of wedding services including wedding planners, attire and rings, venues, catering, floral arrangements, photographers, and up to €700 (around N$12,000) on a honeymoon. The only catch is that you need to “marry or civilly unite in Lazio” and “purchase services or products related to the event from Lazio companies”.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho