Britain’s Health Secretary Sajid Javid has become the second senior government minister to distance himself from Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s controversial attack on Labour Party leader Sir Keir Starmer in the House of Commons earlier this week. Javid said the Labour leader had done a ‘good job’ when he was director of public prosecutions and deserved ‘absolute respect for his work in the post.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho