Johannesburg hasn’t had any working speed cameras for more than a year. All speed prosecutions in the city have been halted since 31 May 2021. The Johannesburg Metropolitan Police Department says the tender to repair or supply speed cameras in the city closed earlier this month, and they’re hoping to have the issue resolved by the end of June. But in the meantime, the city has lost millions in revenue and will continue to do so.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho