UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s meeting his cabinet after surviving a No Confidence vote in his leadership. However, 148 of his own MPs voted against him, so his authority is considered damaged even after the victory. He’s facing continued calls to quit from rebel MPs as he pledged to focus on governing. Cabinet minister George Eustice says the party needs to unite.
- President Hage Geingob calls on Swapo party members to gear up for 2024 elections
- South African coal exporter, Thungela Resources, up for full-year profit double
- South Africa working on decriminalizing sex work
- Nigerian general dismisses secret army mass abortion programme
- Nedbank Desert Dash cyclists prep for long ride