President Hage Geingob and leader of the official opposition, McHenry Venaani, have both expressed shock and sadness over the death of former Democratic Turnhalle Alliance leader Katuutire Kaura who died in the early hours of Sunday, aged 81. Political stalwarts, some of whom worked closely with Kaura for decades, meanwhile described him as a good educator, astute politician, brilliant orator, and a historian par excellence. Kaura became president of the DTA in 1998, replacing the exiled Mishake Muyongo; a position he held until 2013 when he lost to McHenry Venaani at DTA’s hotly contested intraparty congress.
- Product codes starting with the number eight do not identify genetically modified produce
- Microsoft sees ‘new day’ in war with Google over AI search engines
- Why first 72 hours are crucial for Turkey-Syria quake rescues
- Direct support to small scale farmers reduces poverty – what Zambia is doing right
- Children pulled from rubble as Turkey-Syria quake toll tops 9,500