The Swapo Pary Youth League in the Kavango East Region says one of the reasons why the region is poor is due to funds given to the region every year by the government which is unfairly distributed to benefit all particularly the youth. Nampa quotes SPYL regional secretary Anselm Marungu as saying, for young people in a village to get a tender is not easy as there seems to be a cartel in which tenders are being dished out. The tenders are just for a certain few individuals at the expense of poor young people. According to the Namibia Statistics Agency report of 2018, the Kavango East Region topped the youth unemployment rate at 62.5 percent followed by Kunene Region with 53 percent respectively.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho