||Kharas Governor, Aletha Frederick on Friday handed over a site to Shanxi Construction & Investment Group for the construction of the Keetmanshoop Vocational Training Centre, which is being funded through a loan from the African Development Bank. The Namibia press agency quotes Frederick as saying that the establishment of the VTC will boost and enhance regional skills attainment, create jobs and employability for the youth in the region. “The region now has the full potential to build a critical mass of knowledge society as envisaged in Vision 2030. Whilst UNAM focuses on research, and innovation for local economic development, the technical and vocational education and training sector in the region can advance industrialization,” she said.
- Compassionate Leave as provided for under Section 25 of the Labour Act, 2007 (No. 11 of 2007
- African scientists and technology could drive future black hole discoveries
- Guterres launches climate ‘Marshall Plan’
- South Africans struggling financially
- Belarus introduces death penalty for ‘attempted’ terrorism