Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) leader Julius Malema said that the “Kill the Boer” song was never meant to be taken literally. Eyewitness News reports that Malema is on the stand at the Johannesburg High Court over a civil case brought by AfriForum relating to the struggle song, “Dubul’ ibhunu”. The lobby group wants the red berets to apologise publicly and pay for damages for chanting the anti-apartheid song on various occasions.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho