Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) leader Julius Malema said that the “Kill the Boer” song was never meant to be taken literally. Eyewitness News reports that Malema is on the stand at the Johannesburg High Court over a civil case brought by AfriForum relating to the struggle song, “Dubul’ ibhunu”. The lobby group wants the red berets to apologise publicly and pay for damages for chanting the anti-apartheid song on various occasions.
- South Africa set to unveil three-dimensional technology demonstration project
- Tanzanian government seize life stock from indigenous Maasi herders for conservation area and trophy hunting
- Algeria to move away from dependence fossil fuels
- United States one of South Africa’s biggest trading partners
- Rebels clash with DR Congo government troops