Brazilian police have arrested three men in connection with the brutal killing of a Congolese migrant in the Brazilian city of Rio de Janeiro. The BBC reports that the killing was captured on video and caused public outrage. Relatives said Moise Kabagambe was attacked after asking his boss to pay wages owed for two days’ work at a beach kiosk. The mayor of Rio, Eduardo Paes, called the killing “unacceptable and revolting”.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho