Brazilian police have arrested three men in connection with the brutal killing of a Congolese migrant in the Brazilian city of Rio de Janeiro. The BBC reports that the killing was captured on video and caused public outrage. Relatives said Moise Kabagambe was attacked after asking his boss to pay wages owed for two days’ work at a beach kiosk. The mayor of Rio, Eduardo Paes, called the killing “unacceptable and revolting”.
- Compassionate Leave as provided for under Section 25 of the Labour Act, 2007 (No. 11 of 2007
- African scientists and technology could drive future black hole discoveries
- Guterres launches climate ‘Marshall Plan’
- South Africans struggling financially
- Belarus introduces death penalty for ‘attempted’ terrorism