38-year-old ANC national executive committee member, and current South African Minister of Justice and Correctional Services, Ronald Lamola told a youth gathering in Mpumalanga, that he was being told that he was too young for top ANC positions. But, according to him, modern-day challenges need new energy, new thinking and fresh ideas, signalling his most explicit intention to contest the ANC’s deputy president position in December. News24 reports that Lamola is likely to avail himself to become ANC deputy president because a second term for Cyril Ramaphosa is all but guaranteed.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised