555 Parents, who failed to pay child support and other dependents, were arrested in 2021. Statistics from the 2021/2022 financial year indicate that nine magistrate courts across the country issued warrants of arrest against defaulting parents, which were all executed. Rundu had the highest number of defaulters standing at 194, with Keetmanshoop in second place having arrested 105 defaulting parents, while 1 576 maintenance cases are still being investigated countrywide. We contacted the spokesperson of the Justice ministry, Simon Idipo for more.
- Chart of some of the World’s deadliest earthquakes
- Pop Culture biggest influencer on African youth, according report by Africa no Filter
- Mali government gives head of UN peacekeeping mission 48 hours to leave the country
- Ethiopian government sends $90 million to Tigrayan capital to help restart banking services
- South Africa records two confirmed cases of cholera