Leftist former student leader Gabriel Boric will be sworn in today as Chile’s youngest-ever president, with plans to turn the country that for decades has served as a neoliberal laboratory into a greener, more egalitarian ‘welfare state.’ Aged 36, the AFP News Agency reports that Boric takes over the reins of a country clamouring for change following mass protests in 2019, which he supported, against deep-rooted inequality in income, healthcare, education, and pensions.
- Compassionate Leave as provided for under Section 25 of the Labour Act, 2007 (No. 11 of 2007
- African scientists and technology could drive future black hole discoveries
- Guterres launches climate ‘Marshall Plan’
- South Africans struggling financially
- Belarus introduces death penalty for ‘attempted’ terrorism