Thousands of Liberians marked the bicentenary of their country with a mass rally in the capital, Monrovia, while US President Joe Biden sent a presidential delegation to take part in the celebrations. “We have made and endured 200 years of freedom and liberty and self rule and self government. After 200 years… We’re at a crossroads. We have to look at how we are going to lead our African American continent into the next 200 years” said John Henderson, an activist and descendant of freed slaves.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho