The Namibian Navy is currently participating in a Multilateral Maritime Safety and Security Field Training Exercise code-named ‘Obagame Express 2022′, taking place along the West African coastline. The Namibian Ship dubbed ‘Elephant’, sailed to the exercise on 4 March with 104 crew on board. The Ministry of Defence and Veterans Affairs said the exercise is designed to improve regional cooperation, increase Maritime Domain Awareness and enhance information sharing practices and operational capabilities within the West African Coastline.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho