French President Emmanuel Macron touted a “new deal” for Africa at a Paris summit attended by about 30 African heads of state, saying it would be “the first of its kind”. News24 reports that Macron is proposing $650 billion (about N$9.1 trillion) in Special Drawing Rights through an IMF credit line that would go toward post-pandemic recovery, including boosting vaccine manufacture. The deal still needs the buy-in of wealthy donor countries to go ahead though.
- Dr Karuaihe reveals his 100 days plan as Agribank CEO
- Possible 10-year sentence for sharing pics, videos of minors amid POPI Act
- Oil highest since 2014 as Turkey outage adds to tight supply outlook
- Zandile Mafe transferred to Pollsmoor Prison
- Namcor require unvaccinated staff to show a weekly negative PCR test