French President Emmanuel Macron is to declare he is standing in April elections for a new term, sources in his campaign said today. The French Press Agency reports that Macron, who has until now declined to officially confirm he is standing, will announce his intention in a ‘letter to the French’ that will be published online later today just a day ahead of the official deadline to declare.
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho
- Namibia, Botswana border post slows logistics industry