A video of the grandson of late South African president Nelson Mandela, Mbuso, admitting to allegedly abusing his partner, has emerged online. News24 reports that it is unclear when the video was posted, and that another video of a woman who identified herself as Mandela’s partner and claiming the alleged abuse never happened, has also been doing the rounds on social media. This is not the first time Mandela has been involved in a scandal as in 2015, he appeared in court for allegedly raping and sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl at a bar. At the time, City Press reported that a waitress at the restaurant said that the rape allegedly took place outside the toilets but the case was later withdrawn.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho