The Chief Financial Officer at British retailer Marks and Spencer has written to the UK government saying he believes introducing a new tax on online sales could end up damaging high street shops. Laura Makin-Isherwood reports that a three-month government consultation on the matter comes to an end today but Treasury officials say no decision has been made yet on whether to impose a tax or not.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised