Zimbabwean telecommunications billionaire and founder of Econet Wireless Zimbabwe Ltd., Strive Masiyiwa has retired from the company he started almost three decades ago to pursue new opportunities. Bloomberg reports that 61 year-old Masiyiwa, who has been on Econet’s board since establishing the company in 1993, will however retain his more than 50% stake in the company that he listed on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange in 1998. Masiyiwa currently sits on Netflix Inc. and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation’s boards. He is also the African Union’s special envoy on Covid-19 and oversees the AU’s Covid Task Force that secures coronavirus vaccines for the continent.
- Another tiger escapes in Western Cape
- SA’s first COVID-19 vaccine ready for trials
- 25 People arrested in connection with sabotage and fraud at Eskom
- Somali government reportedly killed more than 130 fighters from al-Shabab militant group
- Pope Francis to start trip to two fragile African nations on Tuesday