Ghana says the Spanish company in charge of a lorry that last month exploded and killed 13 people violated storage and transport laws. Maxam Corp has been fined $6m. The truck was transporting explosives owned by Maxam to a gold mine when it collided with a motorbike and blew up close to the town of Bogoso. The blast destroyed the village of Apiatse, injuring more than 100 people. The firm denies responsibility, blaming a local contractor.
- Chart of some of the World’s deadliest earthquakes
- Pop Culture biggest influencer on African youth, according report by Africa no Filter
- Mali government gives head of UN peacekeeping mission 48 hours to leave the country
- Ethiopian government sends $90 million to Tigrayan capital to help restart banking services
- South Africa records two confirmed cases of cholera