Russia’s invasion of Ukraine is proving to be a blessing in disguise for Meatco following a sharp increase in global beef prices, especially in Europe where the company exports meat. The company expects beef prices to increase by a further 40% until September 2022, driven by demand from China, a market in which Meatco is licenced to export its beef products.
- Twin crises: experts say nature and climate can’t be siloed
- ‘Tired and fed up’: UK nurses driven to radical action
- Independent schools across sub-Saharan Africa urged to “join mission to improve global education” by joining new representative body for the worldwide independent K-12 education sector
- Grinding inflation clouds ‘Black Friday’ shopping bonanza
- Asian markets mixed as easing Fed fears tempered by China Covid