South African medical Aid scheme Momentum Health Solutions says it is concerned about a massive spike in claims for auxiliary services like physiotherapy and visits to psychologists. In total, 21 out of every 1 000 members in the medical schemes administered by Momentum now see specialists for depression, schizophrenia and bipolar mood disorders on an outpatient basis. In 2019, this was 13.5 members per 1 000 lives. Meanwhile in a separate webinar hosted by Sanlam on the same day, Gary Allen, the chief executive of Sanlam Health Solutions, said while the world believes it has seen the worst of Covid-19, it has left “many more health waves” the world will be dealing with for some time. These include lifestyle-related illnesses and mental health issues which will have a severe impact on productivity and insurance claims.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised