Political analyst Professor Dr. Henning Melber has published an article on The Conversation explaining why genocide negotiations between Namibia and Germany seem to have once again stalled. In the article, which can be read in full on the News Blog page of the Future Media website, Melber raises many issues, including the genocide being “recognised in moral and political, but not legal terms”. He also bemoans the lack of inclusion of the communities directly affected in the negotiations and settlements and “the limitations of government-to-government negotiations”.
- Another tiger escapes in Western Cape
- SA’s first COVID-19 vaccine ready for trials
- 25 People arrested in connection with sabotage and fraud at Eskom
- Somali government reportedly killed more than 130 fighters from al-Shabab militant group
- Pope Francis to start trip to two fragile African nations on Tuesday