Minister of Sport, Youth and National Service, Agnes Tjongarero says that vocational training is an honest avenue that the youth need to pursue. The Namibia press agency reports that speaking at a two-day youth empowerment seminar in Lüderitz, Tjongarero said that “whether you want it or not we will need plumbers, electricians and all the others. We need diversification of careers.” She further explained that the reasons for the non-participation of young people range from the youth being dominated by adults to non-participation due to lack of knowledge.
- Dr Karuaihe reveals his 100 days plan as Agribank CEO
- Possible 10-year sentence for sharing pics, videos of minors amid POPI Act
- Oil highest since 2014 as Turkey outage adds to tight supply outlook
- Zandile Mafe transferred to Pollsmoor Prison
- Namcor require unvaccinated staff to show a weekly negative PCR test