Executive Director in the Ministry of Education, Arts and Culture, Sanet Steenkamp, has called on all schools to submit their development fund bank account reports, following an outcry by the public of the increased reliance on parents to provide stationery. The allegations, she said, were worrying as all schools receive universal primary and secondary grants from the government which should be sufficient to purchase stationary at school level. Steenkamp requested that the reports be submitted no later than 12 January 2022, and that they should highlight the balance in each school and hostel development fund bank account per region with a clear indication of other sources of funding apart from the annual grant paid by the State.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho