The Ministry of International Relations and Cooperation has issued a statement explaining that the Government of the Republic of Namibia has taken note of the ongoing developments in the Tigray region of Ethiopia and, guided by provisions of Article 96 (e) of the Namibian Constitution, encourages the settlement of disputes by peaceful means. The Ministry said the country also welcomes the interventions made by the African Union in resolving the conflict in Ethiopia and will, at this stage, not issue any unilateral statement or pronouncements on the situation, as regards the Tigray conflict, other than what has been and will be issued by the African Union.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho