The Ministry of Finance is warning members of the public to be aware of a scam currently doing the rounds whereby a fake Facebook account under the name of Minister of Finance, Iipumbu Shiimi is requesting friendship and inboxing people about unclaimed inheritance, among other things. One of the messages highlighted by the Ministry claims that the Minister has noticed that the person engaged is listed on a file of unclaimed inheritance and requests the person to send an email including their ID number to an @workman email address. The Ministry has called on anyone who is contacted by this account to report it to Facebook and to avoid falling victim to the scam.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised