Public Protector Busisiwe Mkhwebane is urging President Cyril Ramaphosa to step away from efforts to remove her from office. Mkhwebane responded to the President through a letter from her lawyers. Mkhwebane says the President is not legally entitled or competent to take any steps against her. She accused Ramaphosa of being personally, heavily, and multiply conflicted in the matter. She says the President’s letter to her is unlawful unconstitutional and must be withdrawn.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised