Sudan’s military authorities have arrested Mohammed al-Faki Suliman, a former member of the ruling Sovereign Council, for a second time, his party said, as thousands of people took to the streets around the country Monday to protest an October military coup. AfricaNews reports that protesters once again marched in Khartoum and its twin city of Omdurman on Monday, demanding the establishment of a fully civilian government to lead the transition. There were protests in other cities, too, including Port Sudan and Wad Madani.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho