A 5-year-old boy who was trapped for four days in a deep well in Morocco has died, the royal palace said on Saturday. AfricaNews reports that the boy fell into a 32-meter well located outside his home on Tuesday evening. For three days, search crews used bulldozers to dig a parallel ditch. Then on Friday, they started excavating a horizontal tunnel to reach the trapped boy. Hundreds of villagers and others had gathered to watch the rescue operation. Online messages of support and concern for the boy poured in from around the world, but when rescuers finally reached him on Saturday night it was already too late.
- Product codes starting with the number eight do not identify genetically modified produce
- Microsoft sees ‘new day’ in war with Google over AI search engines
- Why first 72 hours are crucial for Turkey-Syria quake rescues
- Direct support to small scale farmers reduces poverty – what Zambia is doing right
- Children pulled from rubble as Turkey-Syria quake toll tops 9,500