South Africa’s military chief said on Wednesday that multinational forces had been able to “disrupt” jihadist rebels in northern Mozambique since their deployment there last year. This after more than 3,100 troops from several African countries moved into the troubled Cabo Delgado province last July where Islamist insurgents had seized swathes of territory. But General Rudzani Maphwanya said military action was not enough to resolve the crisis and called for stronger governance to help people in the region return to normal life. To read the full story visit the News Blog page on the Future Media website