The Mr. Price Group is expanding into more upmarket clothing with the acquisition of a majority stake in Studio 88 Group. Fin24 reports that Studio 88, a South African clothing and footwear retailer, stocks international brands like Levi’s, Adidas and Vans. Mr. Price said in a statement that it will pay 3.3 billion rand in cash for a 70% stake in Studio 88’s owner Blue Falcon Trading 188.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised