MTC announced on Tuesday that its 2017 investment of N$ 10.7 million in the Buy A Brick project has resulted in the construction of 271 low-cost houses countrywide through the Shack Dwellers Federation of Namibia. Chief Human Capital & Corporate Affairs Officer, Tim Ekandjo, explained that 62 houses were built in the Otjozondjupa Region, 52 in Ohangwena, 41 in Oshana, 33 in Kavango West, 30 in Zambezi, 25 in Hardap, 20 in Erongo, and 8 in Omusati. SDFN Facilitator Edith Mbanga, for her part told the Namibia press agency that representation in all regions was important because the federation looked for applicants who were ready to build according to the guidelines and had a desire to own their own homes.
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho
- Namibia, Botswana border post slows logistics industry