The Namibia press agency reports that it was a Gawanas vs Amupanda affair at Windhoek’s first municipal council meeting for 2022. Job Amupanda, who represents the Affirmative Repositioning movement, submitted three motions for deliberation and approval, with new mayor Sade Gawanas throwing two of the three out immediately. The mayor, prior to chaos ensuing, did explain that 2022 will not be business as usual, as councillors will be required to redouble their efforts in delivering the much-needed services. High on her agenda, she said, is to ensure food security and nutrition through urban agriculture initiatives.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho