In his State of the Nation Address on Sunday, Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni said that those who “don’t believe in God and themselves” predicted doom for his presidency and blamed an “undisciplined opposition” for a surge in Covid-19 cases in the country. News24 reports that in the face of a surge in food prices, partly due to the war in Ukraine, he also advised Ugandans to take up an indigenous diet, which he said had made him reach the age of 78, explaining that he was “doing very well” healthwise. Museveni, who was a rebel involved in the war that drove Idi Amin out of Uganda, said food price hikes and shortages had existed back then and that his new government had dealt with them. That alone made it easy for him to do it again, he insisted.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised