The Director of Tourism in the Ministry of Environment, Forestry and Tourism, Sebulon Chicalu, says that about N$ 100 million is needed to upgrade the Mpacha airport to international standard in order to attract tourists and travellers alike to the Kavango Zambezi Trans-frontier Conservation Area. Speaking on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, Chicalu said that for the region to become a transit tourist hub it also requires the construction of a private hospital and a fully-fledged convention facility in the region, urging both local and international investors to take up these projects.
- Twin crises: experts say nature and climate can’t be siloed
- ‘Tired and fed up’: UK nurses driven to radical action
- Independent schools across sub-Saharan Africa urged to “join mission to improve global education” by joining new representative body for the worldwide independent K-12 education sector
- Grinding inflation clouds ‘Black Friday’ shopping bonanza
- Asian markets mixed as easing Fed fears tempered by China Covid