The Khomas Regional Council has availed N$ 2 million in its budget for the 2021/22 financial year to assistant residents who might fall victim to flash floods during the rainy season. Regional Council Chairperson, Shaalukeni John Moonde also said that council is on high alert and ready for any eventualities, thus the procurement department has purchased food commodities and relief materials such as mattresses, blankets, corrugated zinc and poles for the purpose of assisting flood victims. “The regional council will [also] avail transport to assist flood victims during any possible relocation that will be led by the City of Windhoek,” he added.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho