Responding to the Presidential Advisor on Constitutional Affairs and Private Sector Interface, Inge Zaamwani-Kamwi, Bank of Namibia Governor, Johannes !Gawaxab, said most of Namibia’s diamonds are safe for trade despite the ongoing conflict between Russia and Ukraine. The Namibia press agency reports that !Gawaxab, who stressed that diamonds are going to be critical in the Namibian economic recovery post-COVID-19, said they were assured by De Beers that Namibia-mined diamonds are safe because De Beers is using Blockchain Technology to protect its diamonds, with 60 per cent of De Beers diamonds now being identifiable through the system.
- Chart of some of the World’s deadliest earthquakes
- Pop Culture biggest influencer on African youth, according report by Africa no Filter
- Mali government gives head of UN peacekeeping mission 48 hours to leave the country
- Ethiopian government sends $90 million to Tigrayan capital to help restart banking services
- South Africa records two confirmed cases of cholera