hile many in Namibia bemoan the high price of filling their vehicles our petrol is actually cheap in comparison to some of our neighbours. This as petrol in Zimbabwe costs the equivalent of N$ 6.32 more per litre and in South Africa it costs N$4.02 more. Petrol in Botswana meanwhile costs the equivalent of N$ 1.44 more and in Zambia N$ 3.56 more. In fact the only neighbouring country in which petrol is less expensive than Namibia, costing the equivalent of N$ 11.04 a litre less, in Angola – something that has led to fuel smuggling in the north of the country.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho