Namibian Police Force spokesperson, Deputy Commissioner Kauna Shikwambi has urged community members to report any suspected explosive ordinances to the nearest police station and not touch them. The Namibia Press Agency reports that this follows the discovery of various explosives by NamPol’s explosive sub-divisions in several regions, during the month of January. Shikwambi in a media statement yesterday said the explosives discovered include an AK-47 rifle, eight rocket-propelled grenades, 10 mortar of high explosives of the former Soviet Union, four smoke grenades, ten G3 empty magazines, and a tripwire flare among others.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho