Two men were shot and killed by members of the Namibian Police Force at Ngarama-Teya village in the Kavango East Region Monday evening. NamPol Crime Investigations Coordinator for the region, Bonifatius Kanyetu,said the alleged armed robbers shot at the police, who stopped them at a mini road block in the area. It is further alleged that the deceased were part of a gang of four, who were allegedly on their way to commit a robbery. Two of the suspected gang members survived and were arrested on the scene.The identities of the deceased have been withheld as their next of kin are yet to be informed of their deaths and police investigations into the matter are ongoing.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho