Two men were shot and killed by members of the Namibian Police Force at Ngarama-Teya village in the Kavango East Region Monday evening. NamPol Crime Investigations Coordinator for the region, Bonifatius Kanyetu,said the alleged armed robbers shot at the police, who stopped them at a mini road block in the area. It is further alleged that the deceased were part of a gang of four, who were allegedly on their way to commit a robbery. Two of the suspected gang members survived and were arrested on the scene.The identities of the deceased have been withheld as their next of kin are yet to be informed of their deaths and police investigations into the matter are ongoing.
- Chart of some of the World’s deadliest earthquakes
- Pop Culture biggest influencer on African youth, according report by Africa no Filter
- Mali government gives head of UN peacekeeping mission 48 hours to leave the country
- Ethiopian government sends $90 million to Tigrayan capital to help restart banking services
- South Africa records two confirmed cases of cholera