NamPol’s Deputy Inspector-General for Operations, Joseph Shikongo has warned Namibians to refrain from taking matters of the law into their own hands, saying Namibia is not a lawless country. This, after leaders of the Namibia Economic Freedom Fighters entered the Cheetah Cement factory outside Otjiwarongo without any authorization and demanded the removal of Chinese nationals whom they claimed had been employed there illegally, without valid work permits. “We are warning people that are shutting down people’s business without following the right procedures and structures to stop doing so,” Shikongo said, insisting that Nampol will “not … allow anarchy or chaos in Namibia”.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho