The Namibian Police Force has cautioned that they are being inundated with complaints from members of the public who have fallen victim to scams after sharing their banking details with strangers over the telephone. According to these complaints people are being convinced to reveal their bank card numbers and often also their PIN, whereafter the scammer withdraws funds from the victims account. Another frequently mentioned method involves the caller saying that they have accidentally deposited money into the victims bank account and asking them to refund it electronically. Do not under any circumstances share your banking details, especially your PIN with strangers, and report any calls related to unintended deposits into your account to your bank to investigate.
- Hyphen Hydrogen Energy signs non-binding Memorandums of Understanding with two major industrial companies
- Another twist revealed in the R1 billion South Africa Tourism investment saga
- Pope Francis wraps up visit to Democratic Republic of Congo
- Travel and Tourism Forum launched National Tour Guide Registration Database for local tourism industry
- Zimbabwe’s Central Bank allows for exporters to keep 75% of foreign currency