NamPower yesterday informed residents of Kombat Village and the Namibian nation at large that it had resolved to terminate its power supply agreement with the Kombat Mine, effective midnight on 28 February 2022 due to the debt that Congo Namibia Trading has accumulated since July 2018, which currently stands at over N$29 million. The termination will impact the village of Kombat as a whole, as Congo Namibia Trading has been supplying the village through the same supply point as the one used to supply the mine. Nampower therefore urged all residents of Kombat to contact Congo Namibia Trading or the Kombat Community Trust for further information and apologized for any inconvenience caused.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho