NamPower yesterday informed residents of Kombat Village and the Namibian nation at large that it had resolved to terminate its power supply agreement with the Kombat Mine, effective midnight on 28 February 2022 due to the debt that Congo Namibia Trading has accumulated since July 2018, which currently stands at over N$29 million. The termination will impact the village of Kombat as a whole, as Congo Namibia Trading has been supplying the village through the same supply point as the one used to supply the mine. Nampower therefore urged all residents of Kombat to contact Congo Namibia Trading or the Kombat Community Trust for further information and apologized for any inconvenience caused.
- Chart of some of the World’s deadliest earthquakes
- Pop Culture biggest influencer on African youth, according report by Africa no Filter
- Mali government gives head of UN peacekeeping mission 48 hours to leave the country
- Ethiopian government sends $90 million to Tigrayan capital to help restart banking services
- South Africa records two confirmed cases of cholera