NamPower on Friday inaugurated its first fully owned and operated Solar Photovoltaic Power Station worth close to N$ 400 million at Omaruru in the Erongo Region. The Namibia press agency reports that the renewable energy plant named the Omburu PV Power Station has been operational since March 2022 and produces 20 Mega Watts, powering an average of 18 000 housing units on a 24-hour basis throughout the year. The company is also busy with a 40 MW Wind Power Project and 40 MW Biomass Power Project, both of which are currently in the bidding phase, and a 50 MW Firm Power Project which is currently in the construction phase, with construction expected to be completed in December 2023.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised