NamWater has announced the interruption and rationing of water in the north of the country. The affected regions are Ohangwena, Oshana, Oshikoto, and Omusati. The rationing began on 3 June and is scheduled to end on 18 June 2022 from 10 pm to 5 am. A media release by the national water utility says that the purpose of the interruption is to allow it to build up the reserve capacity of the components and to sustain the limited available water being produced.
- Twin crises: experts say nature and climate can’t be siloed
- ‘Tired and fed up’: UK nurses driven to radical action
- Independent schools across sub-Saharan Africa urged to “join mission to improve global education” by joining new representative body for the worldwide independent K-12 education sector
- Grinding inflation clouds ‘Black Friday’ shopping bonanza
- Asian markets mixed as easing Fed fears tempered by China Covid