Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of International Relations and Cooperation, Netumbo Nandi-Ndaitwah has said Namibia can only achieve food security and improved nutrition if it engages in agricultural activities with a commitment to increasing food production. Further to this, while visiting the Tsumkwe integrated community-based food systems project, she insisted that with holistic approaches the country could even become an exporter of food and other agricultural products, explaining that while water is a challenge there is enough on the continent to share and that Namibia is in a “good position to benefit from the available water in the Congo River in DRC”.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho