The southern and central parts of the country were among the areas that received heavy rainfall over the weekend. The Naute Dam, located 45 kilometres outside Keetmanshoop saw its sluices being opened after inflows resulted in it reaching 111% of its capacity. The release rate started at 400 cubic metres per second to bring the dam level down to 100%.
- South Africa set to unveil three-dimensional technology demonstration project
- Tanzanian government seize life stock from indigenous Maasi herders for conservation area and trophy hunting
- Algeria to move away from dependence fossil fuels
- United States one of South Africa’s biggest trading partners
- Rebels clash with DR Congo government troops